Thursday 10 April 2014

10th April - Quick ride and planning my 2 dayer to Scotland

Popped out at lunchtime for an hour to Draughton and Bolton Abbey. Quite a nice hilly route for an hour and I was desperate to get out on the bike having eaten a huge pizza on Tuesday. Plus it was sunny although there seemed to be more headwind than tailwind as always.

Also, being mindful that I need to start building up the back to back ability, I've being planning my 2 day 180 mile ride up to Hamilton in Scotland for Easter weekend, looks pretty good, certainly up to Carlisle where I'll be spending the night in a Travelodge at the motorway services. Motorway services food for tea and breakfast and a pastel shade bedroom, something to look forward to then!

Day 1, Ilkley to Carlisle, 142km or 88 miles
Goes via Hawes and Appleby-in-Westmorland.
Link to the route and a downloadable GPX here http://www.plotaroute.com/map/1202

Day 2, Carlisle to Hamilton, 150km or 93 miles
Sneaks up alongside the M6 pretty much all the way. I guess navigating will be straightforward but the motorway signs are going to go past very slowly and be a constant reminder of the distance. It's slightly longer but less hilly than day 1.
Link to the route and a downloadable GPX here http://www.plotaroute.com/map/1194


No comments:

Post a Comment